The Mislabeled Specimen Forum

Med Water Systems Horizontal Banner 880x156
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Semen Analysis at School

I don’t know about other schools, but the MedTech school I went to had a certain way of doing things.

When we started learning about phlebotomy, we didn’t have a dummy at all to practice on—we had to practice on our classmates (all human and can feel pain). ?

However, what’s more interesting, is when we started learning about Semen Analysis.

You bet, we had to collect our own specimen for Semen Analysis! ?

What’s more intriguing is HOW we collected our own semen!

As far as I can remember, this is how we did it:

We were told to abstain from coitus or masturbation for 72 hours. We were around18-20 years old then (imagine the raging testosterone!), so I bet it was probably hard for some boys to abstain that long.

On the day of collection, all of us boys were in a room in school, separated from the girls. Each one of us were given an empty cup, and were told to make 2 lines—one for each restroom. We were told to take our turn, one by one, in collecting our semen in the restroom. We were told to save every drop of it for an accurate specimen collection. We were basically told to masturbate in the restroom. But of course, they didn’t use the word “masturbation”. ?

The restroom is another story. There wasn’t any air-conditioning in the room, as well as the restrooms; so the temperature itself wasn’t that conducive (our school is in a tropical area). As far as I can remember, the restroom was really small (maybe 5 ft x 5 ft), with a little window. I don’t even remember seeing a sink—I just remember facing the toilet.
And oh, there wasn’t even a chair, so standing up was the only option while collecting it. ?‍♂️
Also, there wasn’t any “helpful” material in the restroom—just had to use my imagination. ?‍♂️

The line was kinda long, but some boys were quick in their collection, some took a while, and some were sweating when they came out. Some boys were really resourceful though—they brought some “helpful” magazines. Most of us just used nothing but our imagination. ??‍♂️
Overall, it was successful—we all had our own semen collected before the end of the day.

Looking back at that time, it’s kinda weird to think that, on that particular day on earth, there was a mass masturbation happened at our school.?

Submitted by:
Ferdie Rodriguez
Laboratory Manager
Utah USA

Ewww this is so gross 😳

Share to Social: