The Mislabeled Specimen Forum

LEV banner ad april d
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

is it worth it?

For those working in the US right now, is it worth leaving your family behind to pursue the American Dream?  If the pay is good in the Philippines, would you choose to be an OFW?

I sure hope so.  I'll be moving to Georgia in about 6 months.  It's a leap of faith for me.  I'll miss my family for sure but I'm excited.  Bagong adventure na 'to

For me, it is.  If it means a better life for myself, my family and my Philippine-family, it is worth pursuing the American dream 🙂

Most definitely is.  If I can provide for my family and ensure a better future, then its worth every sacrifice.  Although admittedly, there's a lot of fun memories doing this "sacrifice" too.  it's all about perspective.  In the end, you make your own happiness

The decision to leave one's family behind to pursue the American Dream while working in the US is deeply personal and multifaceted. While the US offers significant opportunities for career advancement and financial prosperity, the sacrifice of being away from loved ones can weigh heavily.

Factors such as job stability, quality of life, and the ability to provide for family back home must all be carefully considered. Similarly, choosing to work abroad as an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) hinges on various factors, including the financial remuneration relative to the cost of living, career prospects, and the desire to support loved ones financially. Ultimately, the decision rests on individual circumstances, aspirations, and the importance of familial bonds in shaping one's definition of success and fulfillment.

Share to Social: