The Mislabeled Specimen Forum

Infosys by IGTSoft Custom Laboratory Software Inventory tracker Credentialing Task manager
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Beef between nurses and medtechs

omfg I just got my first two incident reports, in the place I was born, and the place I became an intern.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. These nurses in the dialysis center gave me an incident report because of…

Yep. A RECEIPT. A goddamn receipt.

They were asking where is the receipt of Patient X, and who’s the intern behind this commotion.
Well guess what, I was the intern.
And prior to that they were asking to get an intern from the laboratory, asap, to send some SO of this patient to the laboratory. PX gave her slip and right as I went back to the laboratory to hand it over, the other SO of patient came with the same receipt too.

Second was a sample of the patient which had a high K+ levels. Idk, my mind was extremely blurry at that day, I got 0 hours of sleep(yes, ZERO hours of sleep before duty)that day. I wasn’t also told that prior collecting to the blood of the px, nurses should discard 10cc of blood (which is really important), that nurse just handed over the 5 cc. I had to vouch the fault that I had the wrong order of draw.

They’ll rot in my country, I bet they would

Share to Social: